Call for Proposals no. SGS-2 „Svalbard“ for project submission
The State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic, as the Programme Operator of the Programme „Environment, Ecosystems and Climate Change“, supported by the Norway Grants 2014-2021, launches this Call no. SGS-2 from the Programme, named after the northernmost Norwegian archipelago „Svalbard.“ Total allocation of the Call is EUR 1,000,000 (CZK 25,000,000).
What are the supported areas under this Call?
It is possible to obtain support from the Svalbard call for projects aimed at monitoring and identifying local air pollution caused by local heating plants. Applicants from among legal entities can receive support to ensure local measurement of air quality with an emphasis
on the issue of domestic heating.
What can be paid out of the Call?
- Acquisition and installation of air quality sensors for the purpose of local monitoring with emphasis on the issue of domestic heating (so-called local fireplaces), while the implementation of air quality sensor measurement must be simultaneously verified by reference measurement.
- Ensuring medium - term local air quality measurement with emphasis on the issue of domestic heating (so - called local heating plants).
- Acquisition and installation of accompanying information equipment (incl. Software), enabling to record and provide data from the performed measurement.
What is the minimum and maximum grant?
The amount of support that can be awarded for a project is at least EUR 10,000 (250,000 CZK) and a maximum of EUR 100,000 (2,500,000 CZK).
What is the support rate?
Eligible project expenditures may be reimbursed at the rate up to 90 % of the Programme resources, subject to the other conditions of the Call.
Who can apply for support?
All entities and organizations, public or private, commercial or non-commercial and non-governmental non-profit organizations established as legal entities in the Czech Republic (all Czech legal entities) may apply for support.
Natural persons are not eligible applicants.
What are the crucial criteria for an application?
The Programme may support projects which comply with the applicable legislation, the rules of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and the conditions of support set out in the Call and whose expenditures are reasonable (corresponding to the ordinary local and time prices) spent in accordance with 3E principles (effectiveness, efficiency and economy) and are unambiguously identifiable, demonstrable and verifiable.
What are the mandatory annexes to the application?
- Proof of bank account maintenance
- The project communication plan
- If relevant, the applicant shall submit documents according to the Guidelines of SEF on the evaluation of a company in difficulties.
- If relevant, the Partnership Agreement, its proposal or Letter of intent in accordance with the chapter 1 of the Call.
- If relevant, the applicant shall also submit project or similar documentation demonstrating the technical solution of the proposed measure.
- In the case of applicants with the legal form of a company, the applicant shall also submit documents to verify the ownership structure in order to avoid potential conflicts of interest pursuant to Act No. 159/2006 Coll., On conflicts of interest and pursuant to § 4 paragraph 4 of the Act No. 253/2008 Coll., on certain measures against money laundering and terrorist financing. The applicant proves them by a completed affidavit of the real owners of the legal entity.
When, where and how can you apply for support?
This call is launched on 9 December, 2022 (12:00 p.m.) and applications may be submitted from 9 December, 2022 (12:00 p.m.) throughout its publication but no later than 9 February, 2023 (12:00 p.m.).
The overall duration of the application evaluation process, their selection and approval depends on the number of submitted applications, their quality and complexity. Applicants are envisaged to be informed on the approval / rejection of their application approximately 3-4 months after the end of the receipt of applications.
Supported projects must be realized by the end of their designed implementation, but no later than 30 April 2024.
The application can only be submitted electronically within the above-mentioned deadline, through the Agenda´s Information System of the State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic, which is available from the website.: https://zadosti.sfzp.cz/
Further details can be found in the text of the SGS-2.
In case of any queries please send to email@example.com.