To enable development of contemporary arts in the conditions affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever before to support high quality contemporary arts activities. The programme supports original creation and its presentation, with special emphasis on the development and involvement of the audience, cultural entrepreneurship and cooperation in culture.
Financial Support Focuses on:
creation of new art works, including creative workshops and creative residencies,
presentation and dissemination of art works (e.g. performance, exhibitions, online platforms, festivals – only in combination with creation of new works (e.g. creative workshops and residencies, presentation of new works created as part of the project),
development and involvement of audience (implementation/creation of a communication strategy),
activities addressing current social challenges through arts,
cooperation with donor project partners (e.g. co-production of art works, residential programmes, exchange of information and know-how,
capacity building among artists and cultural organisations with emphasis on the skills in the area of cultural entrepreneurship, artistic and technical skills (only in combination with main activity/activities above).
critical review or feedback to newly created or presented works of art that constitute the core of the project (e.g. discussions, seminars, blogs, laboratories) - (only in combination with main activity/activities above).
Community and regional projects arising from local needs are very desirable. As well as projects integrating disadvantaged groups (namely the Roma and other social, ethnic and cultural minorities) and supporting inclusive cultural events and intercultural dialogue.
On What Conditions?
- Applicant can be only a subject providing cultural services, activities and goods in the area of professional contemporary arts, legally registered for at least two years (legal entities established in the Czech Republic, international organizations active in the Czech Republic, natural self-employed persons who are legal residents in the Czech Republic).
- Focus on performing arts, visual arts and literature. Audio-visual arts (film, videogames) only as part of interdisciplinary projects,
- The projects must not generate profit throughout the implementation period. However, we support cultural entrepreneurship and generated income can be used in line with the rules of the Programme.
- Allocation (after increase): 7 318 316 EUR
- Max. 90% of total eligible costs.
- Grant size: EUR 50,000 – 200,000
What Stands Out?
- Interdisciplinary approach and interdisciplinary activities,
- development and involvement of audience,
- capacity building among artists and cultural organizations,
- support of art and cultural criticism,
- coproduction and cooperation with Donor states (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway),
- reflection of current social challenges, support of intercultural dialogue and inclusive activities.
- First open call closed on 15. 4. 2020.
- Second call planned in 5-8/2021 with expected start of projects in 3/2022.
- Deadline for all projects is 30 April 2024.